Delivering Customer Service to the World’s Most Demanding Audience
“Follow the Sun” Global Help-Desk providing Instant Support Worldwide

[/one_third_last] Category: Customer Engagement
Subcategory: Customer Service

Overview
Our global approach to customer service provision has proved its worth in a time of crisis. When Hurricane Sandy impacted the company’s New York City headquarters in October 2012, leaving 80% of its support staff without electricity and 100 percent without transportation, a remarkable 97% of all customer service calls were answered by Diligent’s global team, with support engineers abroad putting in 13-hour days to cover for their displaced US colleagues. The remaining 3% percent of callers were helped within the next five minutes.

Impact
100% of calls to our customer support team are answered live 24/7/365, by ‘follow the sun’ support centres in the UK, US and New Zealand. Of these, 99 percent of calls are answered by support engineers who solve the technical problem. 0.8 percent are routed by a support coordinator to the appropriate engineer with the remaining 0.2 percent called back within five minutes. Our customer satisfaction rating is 4.8 out of 5 and our global customer retention rate is 97 percent. We believe this is the highest standard of service in the industry.

Innovation
Our clients are the board directors of FTSE 100 companies. They expect concierge-level service, and work outside of normal office hours, preparing for meetings during early mornings, late evenings and weekends, and across time zones. If they need support, they need it immediately, without going through a long phone tree process or listening to hold music.
Our ‘follow the sun’ customer support delivers 24/7/365 service from an experienced technical team, who are prepared to go the extra mile for customers, including working 13 hour-days to cover for team members in other regions impacted by hurricanes or earthquakes.[/one_half_last]

Insight

Inspiration
When we developed our customer support strategy, we started by thinking like our users: what level of support do they want, during what times, and delivered in what way, rather than starting with what we could easily or cheaply deliver. This led us to find innovative ways to provide a high-quality, consultative support. Great customer support is a differentiator. Our ‘follow the sun’ global helpdesk means the whole company has adopted a global attitude to customer service: all our employees will help any customer in any part of the world, at any time.[/one_half_last]