Response to #14456 from the finalist:
1) How were candidates selected for the 8 month development program? Self-selection/manager selection - combination of both?
Candidates are nominated by the General Manager based on the following:
• A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
• A minimum of one year as a Care Director at Aegis
• Experience in a minimum of two Aegis Communities
• Exceeds Expectations in most recent performance appraisal
• Committed to geographical mobility
• Successful interview with Operations Leaders and Human Resources
Achieve excellence measured by key metrics:
• Staff Retention
• Surveys (staff, resident & family surveys)
• Care Margins
• Excellence in all areas of care including training, assessments, staffing, staff development, etc.
• Effective demonstration of leadership in current role as evident in relationships with staff, residents, families, & employee relations
2) What are examples of the job exposure and assignment components of the program?
This eight-month program is divided into three core modules.
Module 1: Marketing & Sales (2 months)
Module 2: General Administration & Finance (2 months)
Module 3: Operations (4 months)
Maintenance & Housekeeping
Quality Control & Risk Management
Nursing & Care
Comprehensive Classroom Training
Sales and Marketing: 2 weeks of classroom training conducted by various senior leaders in Home Office
Finance and Business Acumen: 1 week classroom training conducted by various senior leaders in Home Office
Mentor and Job Shadow
For each module, participants are assigned a Mentor to job shadow for 1 to 3 weeks in at least two communities.
The learning experience follows a detailed guide, which includes information sharing, observation and practical applications.
A few examples:
Conduct morning stand up and resident roster review with the staff
Walk the building ensure all is in order
Review and summarize community financial
Demonstrate & Summarize Touring (Prospects & Closing)
Conduct a Marketing Tour
Lead a resident move-out
At the end of each core module and sub-module, participants are required to complete an assignment for each community they visit. They must collect and analyze specific metrics and financial information and then provide their own observations and recommendations.
At the end of each core module, participants conduct a formal 30-minute presentation to senior leaders, sharing their recommendations and learning experience. This allows the participants to not only share what they have learned, but also a chance to develop their presentation skills.