Since consistency of skills, competencies and character is integral to the success of a company, the Tagline Group of companies created Project Aurum. Project Aurum is a digital roadmap program that was applied throughout the entire Tagline Group of Companies that provides guidance to all employees on how they can advance and develop in their careers. The program helps employees develop their skills through a developmental roadmap that provides them concrete skillsets to develop as well as character to form.
The roadmap is executed via a digital points based system connected to the individual employee career road map agreed upon during recruitment. This roadmap guides the employee from recruitment to resignation providing the employee an avenue to grow their talents purposefully and deliberately. This is coupled with a structured mentoring and training program that is activated when employees reach certain milestones. The programs are triggered depending on the score of the employees ensuring that employees are constantly being up-skilled.
The objectives of the project are:
- To allow the company to assess its realistic and actual servicing capacity based on the objective competencies and skills of its personal, thereby properly quantifying how many competent employees are needed to achieve the company’s goals. This ensures that all talent is maximized and optimized with no wastage nor shortage of talent.
- To allow the company to properly and honestly assess objective weaknesses in competencies and skills so that it can acquire the necessary external resources to address this weakness.
- Realizing that motivation is rooted in a concrete, transparent, objective and achievable goal, Project Aurum provides employees with a concrete career path structure that is scorecard driven. This leads to an objective promotion plan that provides constant avenues of growth as well as motivate the employee to act and fulfill their task with excellence.
- Realizing that the company is only as strong as its staff, Project Aurum is designed to put all the employees at par, if not superior, with other industry practitioners by making them direct partners in their personal development as staff.
This company wide program also helps individual employees track their progress through gamification wherein points are awarded to employees for achieving certain measures. The points are manifested in scoreboards where each employee keeps track of their individual scores. This scoreboard is public allowing each employee to see where they stand and provides incentives and recognition to the employees when they achieve certain milestones. Furthermore, internal newsletters are circulated to excite the employees every quarter.
This gamified program also provides avenues for a leveling up of skill via mentoring, skill development seminars, one on one sit downs, a comprehensive goal setting progress as well as personalized weakness correction ensuring that all employees are constantly given learning and development opportunities.
The project culminates at the end of the year with a glamorous awards night that honors employees who have demonstrated their Aurum or Gold value to the company through their achievements.Learning-Development-support-data-1
Project Aurum has manifested strong results in the company in 3 specific areas:
- Employee Tenure: In an industry wherein employee churn is a year, Tagline has a high proportion of tenured employees. As of 2017 the 29% of employees have tenures of 5 years while 3% had 10 year tenures. On top of that, resignation rates have gone down progressively from 26% of the total employee base in 2014, to 19% in 2015, 12% in 2016 and an all time low of 9% for 2017. This indicates a high level of satisfaction with the company. The program has helped generate well-balanced and content employees due to the fact that assessment is objective driven and public. This removes demoralization that comes from politics or perceived subjective assessments. Employees have a clear direction of where they are going and this makes them inspired to stay longer.
- Employee Competence – Project Aurum tracks an employee from recruitment all the way to resignation matching their skills from recruitment phase, creating an on boarding program for them, mapping their career and rewarding and recognizing their achievements. The program also has a curing and mentoring program to handle shortcomings and mold the employee into an Aurum level employee. This has improved competencies from across the board for the company. This has manifested in Tagline being recognized with awards like the Philip Morris Rookie of the Year Award in 2017 and the Johnson and Johnson Ripples Award in 2017. This year, Stevie Awards Asia Pacific and World Retail Awards also recognized two projects that were implemented by Tagline. This competence manifested in client feed back with the rating considerably moving up in the past years and ending at 93% last year.
- Business Success – Project Aurum’s focus on the employees helped increase business growth across all the different Tagline companies. Since Aurum was introduced Tagline’s average growth of sales year on year has been at 32%. This is above average growth in an industry that is challenged by an over supply of competition. Furthermore Project Aurum has helped improve the acquisition rate of clients by an average of 15% per year. Client accounts serviced has also increased consistently with an average of 20% per year.
Project Aurum’s innovation in learning and development stems from its unique gamified point system that is connected to each employee’s development calendar. In essence, this uniquely rewards employees who achieve additional skills thereby enriching and empowering the employee. Whenever an employee reaches a certain point system, an “achievement unlocked” mechanism is triggered that sets into motion certain learning and development programs for that employee. This ensures that every achievement leads to a promotion that leads to learning and development programs that equip and empower you for that promotion. This systematized calendar prevents employees from slipping through the cracks when it comes to skills acquisition when they are promoted. This ensures that each employee constantly receives personalized learning programs that are designed for the level that they are in.
Project Aurum’s unique structure is designed to help reward employees who are achievers with more knowledge, skills and learnings. Aside from the usual compensation rewards, Tagline believes through Project Aurum, that one of the best rewards to give an employee is the reward of additional skills and learnings. This shows a genuine concern for the welfare and improvement of the staff enriching the employee beyond just material wealth and ensuring that the employee constantly has new skills that improve their professional worth over time. Companies can help boost their productivity by offering learning rewards to achieving employees as a testament that the company believes that good can always become better through knowledge investment.